EVERY BRIDE can look and feel amazing on their wedding day and here at the White Room we know that its all to do with making the right choices for your beautifully individual body. We can take you through a detailed customised analysis of your specific body shape and what will work perfectly for you when you come for your first appointment with us, however, we wanted to share a few tips here to get you started.
What shape are you?
If your hips, waist and bust measurements are fairly similar your body will fall into this category. As your figure is already well balanced, you may want to focus on emphasising your femininity and adding shape to your silhouette.
- Go for a bias cut dress like “Amerie” by Suzanne Neville to emphasise your curves
- Try a tulip shape such as Jesus Peiro “140”, “8007″ or “8004”, or a full skirt like Suzanne Neville “River” for a fabulously feminine silhouette.
- Alternatively, embrace your beautiful and enviable sylphlike figure and go for something long and straight such as “Chloe” by Savannah Miller or “Bianca” by Jenny Packham.
- Halter neck and slash neck shapes such as Jesus Peiro “140” or Savannah Miller “Nancy” will add drama and definition to your look, and draw attention to your gorgeous neck and shoulders.
- Choose styles with belts and corseted bodices such as “Amber” by Suzanne Neville to segment your figure and add definition
- A dropped waist such as with the Jesus Peiro “3016” is a great way to create curve at the hipline.
If your hip measurement is more than your bust we have some great suggestions on how you can balance your figure and accentuate your best bits
- Choose an A line skirt and an interesting feature at the neckline such as “Sapphire” by Suzanne Neville or Jenny Packham’s “Anaïs” to draw attention upward.
- “8004” from Jesus Peiro has an excellent combination of embellishment and detail above the waist and a full skirt that skims the hips beautifully.
- With your shape you could get away with a daringly plunging v-neck and wide waistband such as with Jesus Peiro “933” or “162” and the pretty embellishments on the shoulders make these an ideal choice.
- We also have a beautiful range of boleros and wraps to add some extra glamour and sparkle to your torso.
If you have a narrow waist compared with your hip and bust measurement, a really well-cut dress will be ideal to show off your sexy silhouette.
- Wide leg trousers such as Savannah Miller “Nancy”, or a flared skirt such as “Nouveau” or “Ariel” from Suzanne Neville will help proportion your curves.
- Try a tailored wrap dress like Suzanne Neville “Kimana” to flatter your waistline.
- The off-the-shoulder, v-neck and lightweight fabric in Jenny Packham’s “Thistle” would really compliment an hourglass figure.
- Look for a combination of a structured, tailored bodice; flared, flowing skirts, and ruffled sleeves to really make the most of your curves.
A curvaceous bust, a less-well defined waist and slender legs characterise this body shape.
- Jesus Peiro “140” is a fantastic choice – the scooped hem gives you a chance to show off your shapely legs and the strapless sweetheart neckline is incredibly flattering.
- Empire line dresses and styles with a higher waist band and a full skirt such as “Rosa” by Suzanne Neville help disguise the middle and flatter the bust.
- “Mayfair” by Suzanne Neville with its well structured corseted bodice and gentle, strapless v-neckline has been very popular with women of this figure.
- Softly gathered wrap styles such as “Kimana” by Suzanne Neville help elongate the waist and flatten the tummy.
- We also have a range of beautiful designer capes and boleros which can completely transform your look.
If you have broad shoulders and narrow hips, you may fall into this category.
- Suzanne Neville “River” with its spaghetti straps, and open neckline really softens the bust, while the bias cut bodice and full skirt defines and balances the figure beautifully.
- A minimalist bodice coupled with a more eye-catching skirt such as “Orwell” by Suzanne Neville or Jesus Peiro “121” could work really well
- Styles such as “Anabelle” from Savannah Miller’s collection work fantastically with a broader shouldered frame.
To truly find your perfect dress, nothing compares to a private consultation with access to our selection of incredible styles. Many of our dresses are also completely customisable and with our experienced seamstresses at hand we can adapt dresses to make them entirely unique and work perfectly with your body shape. We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to know more!